Sunday, March 25, 2012

something for him & something for her

My approach when decorating my children's rooms is to make each room as interactive and friendly as possible. I want my children to be able to touch and enjoy everything in their rooms -- including the decor. My son had a pretty large space next to his bed that was just begging for something fun! I decided to grab a large piece of peg board from Lowe's and paint it grey to match his rocket ship bedroom. 


Then I added whatever I could find around the house (seriously...not much planning went into what would adorn this peg board).  There are a few more things I have in mind that I would like to add, but this is what we came up with so far.



Little baskets that he can put Matchbox cars in...



I had some red and silver glittery buttons that I strung on a piece of sewing thread...



Micah was quick to add his Micah-esque touches (the Toy Story characters find their way into everything)...



I had also been thinking about making Rowan some new hair clips. I had all of the materials, just needed to put them together! I found some clearance scrap booking supplies and hot-glue-gunned away!





I also made this headband for a friend's little girl. I bought two packs of these headbands about a year ago...it's about time I got some use out of them!




To keep the button embellishments on, I simply hot glued a white piece of felt to the back. Easy-peasy. 



Matching clippies!




Hope your weekend was full of sunny weather and family. It's amazing what those two things can do for the soul! 

No comments:

Post a Comment